- Career professional in turnaround and restructuring with the last 12 years specializing in healthcare.
- Proven success in designing and delivering substantial change initiatives; leader by example.
Clare Moylan is a co-founder of Gibbins Advisors. She is a healthcare professional with a broad base of experience including operations management, turnaround and restructuring, bankruptcy, strategic planning, business analysis, performance improvement consulting and litigation support. The combination of operational leadership, business/financial acumen, strategic mindset and calm demeanour create a strong and versatile skill set that Clare brings to each engagement.
Clare’s experience covers the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors across the healthcare continuum: primary care, acute care hospitals, nursing homes, hospice, specialty practice clinics, assisted living and home health care.
Prior to founding Gibbins Advisors, Clare co-led the operational component of the turnaround team for an AU$2.2 billion multi-hospital system (Central Adelaide Local Health Network) working on contract with restructuring firm, KordaMentha. Over a 7-month period, a program of operations initiatives under Clare’s leadership reduced Average Length of Stay by over 10% on prior year averages and the organization achieved savings of over AU$100 million for FY19 against a budget of AU$40 million.
From 2015 to 2018, Clare was the Managing Partner of Healthcare Management Partners, a healthcare-specialist turnaround and restructuring professional services firm. In that role, she established the Nashville (Tennessee) headquarters and more than doubled the size of the firm.
Most recently Clare has been working with Australia’s second largest private hospital system (43 hospitals) in leading their COVID-19 Response Plan.
A sample of significant engagements and achievements in Clare’s recent career history include:
• Director of COVID-19 Response for Australia’s second largest private hospital system (43-hospitals)
• Co-leading Gibbins Advisors’ engagement as Independent Monitor for Mission Health System’s six-hospital portfolio in North Carolina acquired by HCA Healthcare for $1.5 billion; ensuring HCA adheres to certain contractual commitments around retaining hospitals, services, and charity care for 10 years.
• Co-led the operational turnaround team for an AU$2.2 billion multi-hospital system. Over a 7-month period, a program of operations initiatives under Clare’s leadership reduced Average Length of Stay by over 10% on prior year averages and the organization achieved savings of over AU$100 million for FY19 against a budget of AU$40 million.
• Executive Director of Homecare and Hospice for a business with 200+ employees, over $20 million revenue. With full responsibility for financial and operational performance, Clare led a suite of tactical and strategic initiatives resulting in net income increasing by $2.2 million from the prior year.
• Program Director in the very successful turnaround of a leading skilled nursing and behavioral healthcare group in Tennessee that resulted in the company returning to covenant compliance, going from 8 to 75 days cash on hand in 18 months, and avoiding bankruptcy. Managed the delivery of initiatives that resulted in 45% corporate cost reduction and the sale of $30 million in surplus assets, including real property and an airplane.
• Program Director during the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a large hospital company with five Critical Access Hospitals, a management and billing company, a therapy services company, and an ACO. Led the sale of a home health company that generated a substantial profit (~$1 million) for the estate.
• Took a lead role in the development of a 3-year strategic and turnaround plan for a multi-site, $250 million turnover regional hospital in Alabama. Successful implementation of the first initiative alone increased annual EBITDA by $5 million.