- More than 30 years of professional business valuation, intangible asset and corporate finance consulting.
- Deep valuation expertise across the healthcare continuum.
With 30+ years of valuation expertise, Gary specializes in the valuation of a wide variety of businesses and business interests; fairness and solvency opinions; consulting with corporations with respect to corporate finance issues; and estimating economic damages.
Gary is highly experienced in the valuation of healthcare businesses and assets in the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors: acute care; specialty, psychiatric and critical access hospitals; health insurance and managed care; solo and group practices; multi and solo specialties; home health and hospice; outpatient; SNFs, LTACHs and other L-T care facilities; behavioral health facilities; medical devices and pharmaceuticals.
He has provided opinions of value, fairness and solvency for many purposes: CMS, Stark Law and state regulatory compliance; M&A transactions; seller and buyer advisory, dispute resolution/expert witness; business/strategic plan reviews; federal, state, and non-US tax reporting; and financial reporting requirements (GAAP).
Prior experience includes leadership positions at several large valuation practices including Arthur Andersen, Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin, American Appraisal Associates and Alvarez & Marsal.
• Provided expert testimony regarding value and economic damages from lost profits in a variety of dispute resolution processes including arbitration, Bankruptcy Court, District Court, and various state and local courts.
• Valuation and opinion regarding the solvency of a Medicare/Medicaid insurance provider with respect to penalties in a qui tam action under the False Claims Act.
• Valuation of two dialysis joint ventures to resolve a dispute between a national dialysis provider and its partner with respect to a purchase/sale option.
• Valuation and testimony regarding the fair market value of an ASC JV with respect to a disputed contractual right to buy out a JV partner.
• Fairness opinion for the Board of a not-for-profit hospital and health system regarding the acquisition of a revenue cycle management business.