James Davis is a 25-year veteran of the healthcare and finance industries. With a clinical background, diverse skillset and innate ability to influence, Jim excels in the leadership of healthcare organizations through periods of change. He has extensive experience operating in permanent and interim roles that have included CEO, COO, CNO and Chief Restructuring Officer.
From facility operations to strategic growth and planning, Jim uses his background as a clinician to guide decisions and lead through change. He is an experienced operator and leader across the healthcare system, having spent the first 10 years of his career at The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Health System serving in multiple business units and functions.
In the decade-plus following his tenure at UAB, Jim held leadership positions with Tenet Healthcare and Physician owned acute care hospitals. His career has been distinguished by leadership roles in clinical improvement, staff and physician engagement, strategic planning, and operational improvement in addition to execution and integration of several acquisitions and divestitures.
Prior to joining Gibbins Advisors, Jim led healthcare transactions for Chiron Financial, LLC; an investment banking firm where he was involved in mergers & acquisitions, private debt and equity placements and financial restructurings for clients across multiple healthcare sectors.
- Seasoned healthcare executive with proven track record of success in strategic planning, operations management and leadership of healthcare organizations through growth and transformation.
- Clinical background combined with natural capabilities to influence, lead, develop and empower teams.
• Interim CEO for private equity owned medical device company headquartered in Tennessee with nationwide distribution. Stabilized operations and facilitated the sale of the company to a strategic buyer.
• As Chief Restructuring Officer for a pediatric multispecialty group, successfully managed operations and navigated the company through Chapter 11 bankruptcy and 363 sale to a strategic buyer
• As CEO, Jim led a TX- based, physician owned acute care hospital through a period of significant growth and development; driving operations, physician relations and clinical excellence before leading the transition and sale of the asset to Texas Health Resources.
• Leading Strategy and Business Development for Tenet Health Care, Dallas, Jim was responsible for Dallas market development and new business, leading and executing service-line initiatives and acquisitions. This including formulating a strategic plan for the four hospitals in a highly competitive market.
• Additionally, Jim served as a Navy Hospital Corpsman with the First Marine Division in Somalia and Iraq.
Jim earned a Master of Business Administration and a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from the University of Alabama. He is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives and the American Organization of Nurse Executives.