- Senior consultant with significant experience providing advice and managing stakeholders during challenging situations.
- Extensive expertise within public and private sectors, skilled at leading strategic reviews and organisational transformation and turnaround engagements.
Nick Codling is an accomplished consultant who has extensive multinational experience across corporate advisory, turnaround and recovery, finance, organisational transformation and commercial real estate.His approach draws on strong commercial acumen, technical expertise and soft skills, which makes him so effective in supporting delivery of complex work programs alongside client teams.
With almost 30 years of exposure across a broad range of industry sectors, asset types, markets and transactions (including management of multi-jurisdictional and other complex transactions and advisory projects),Nick has a proven track record of providing high quality, independent commercial and strategic advice to large corporates, SME’s, fund managers, lenders and the public sector in Australia, Asia-Pacific, the United Kingdom and Europe.
During almost a decade with KordaMentha primarily in its Corporate Turnaround division, Nick assisted a range of Australia’s largest public and private sector clients diagnose and resolve some of their most complex issues while in fast paced, high stakes situations.
Prior to this, Nick spent 6 years in senior roles for Deutsche Bank within the Commercial Real Estate divisions in both Hong Kong and London. He commenced his career as a Commercial Property Valuer for CBRE, providing valuation and consultancy advice on commercial properties across Australia and the UK.
A sample of significant engagements and achievements in Nicks recent career history include:
• Engaged by a AU$2.2Bn revenue hospital system, Central Adelaide Local Health Network, to play a leading role in the investigation, development and delivery of a comprehensive Diagnostic Review and financial and operational Recovery Plan. In the first 7 months of delivering the plan, the organisation achieved savings of over AU$100 million against a budget of AU$40 million.
• Co-led a strategic review for Australia Post to identify immediate and sustainable financial benefits well in excess of target, underpinned by significant cultural change initiatives. Also played a leading role in completing a comprehensive independent external review of the enterprise’s draft Corporate Plan and strategy (FY19-22) on behalf of the Commonwealth shareholders, and re-engaged to complete a follow-up review of the draft Corporate Plan for FY20-23.
• Real estate lead for a comprehensive commercial and strategic review of Defence Housing Australia (DHA), with a significant portfolio of owned and managed property nationally, including significant development exposure. Identified significant emerging financial and operational risks, made a range of recommendations to remediate and supported implementation by DHA.