- Over 25 years of strategic and operational proficiency in revenue cycle management.
- Skilled at reviewing and defining solutions for revenue cycle management flows, policies and procedures.
- Extensive tenure holding senior-level revenue cycle management positions for multiple regional healthcare systems and clients.
Rhonda is a performance-driven senior healthcare executive with more than 25 years of experience in revenue cycle management. She brings a wealth of expertise in reviewing revenue cycle management process flows, policies and procedures; patient AR contractual and bad debt methodologies and providing recommendations to improve overall process and effectiveness in financially distressed situations.
With an excellent technical background and hands-on revenue cycle operations knowledge, Rhonda is highly adept at developing clear assessments and implementing strategies to move current-state to best practices. She has a proven track record of delivering outcomes including increased cash, revenue and decreased expense through process improvement; utilization of performance indicators; business intelligence and revenue cycle technology solutions.
She is a provider-side operator with experience building multi-site healthcare organizations that promote preventative care, innovate delivery methods, and operate in partnership with clinical leaders.
Rhonda is an accomplished Revenue Cycle Management leader who has held senior positions (Vice President / Senior Vice President) for healthcare systems and consultants across the country. These include the North American Dental Group, DentalOne Partners, Inc., Parkland Health & Hospital System, Navigant Healthcare Cymetrix, Steward Health Care System LLC and Valley Baptist Health System.
A sample of significant engagements and achievements in Rhonda’s recent career history include:
• Operating as Vice President, Revenue Cycle Operations for DentalOne Partners, Inc., key achievements included effectively selling a Dental Service Organization supporting 150 dental practices across 13 states; responsibility for 60 FTE within the Revenue Cycle Operations (RCO) corporate structure, and implementing a RCO Centralized/Decentralized Model utilizing offshore to onshore resources.
• As Senior Vice President of Revenue Cycle at Parkland Health & Hospital System, undertook responsibility for 425+ employees within patient access, billing, collections, payor strategy negotiation and provider enrollment for physician, clinic and hospital within a $1B fully integrated academic medical center. Delivered an $84.1M cash increase over fiscal year 2016 (the largest single year increase in Parkland’s history) and decreased AR days from 70 to 52 while delivering $7.6M cost savings over a two year period.
• Responsible for $1.5B NPSR, $42M budget in a rapidly growing 10 hospital for-profit company. Completed a transition of sell and transitioned from outsourced revenue cycle model to internal revenue cycle model; improving overall cash performance while achieving and maintaining cash collections as a percent of collectible net revenue at 100%.