- Restructuring and consulting specialist with over 25 years of experience, including 15 years specializing in healthcare.
- Effective leader, adept at collaborating with diverse stakeholders and managing complex engagements.
Ronald Winters is a co-founder and Managing Director of Gibbins Advisors. With more than 25 years of restructuring experience and a talent for managing complex problems while navigating the competing interests of stakeholders, Ron is one of the most experienced ‘middle market’ healthcare bankruptcy and restructuring professionals in the country.
Ron has deep expertise and strong record of achievement across the healthcare, higher and education and not-for-profit sectors. Prior to forming Gibbins Advisors, Ron was a Managing Director at each of Healthcare Management Partners and Alvarez & Marsal where he worked a combined 18 years. He spent the first half of his professional career managing portfolio assets and credit policy at what is now Mizuho Financial Group, one of the world’s largest financial organizations.
Ron is currently the appointed Independent Monitor for Mission Health System’s six-hospital portfolio in North Carolina acquired by the for-profit HCA Healthcare for $1.5 billion. In that role Gibbins Advisors is responsible for ensuring HCA adheres to certain contractual commitments around retaining hospitals, services, and charity care for 10 years.
A sample of significant engagements and achievements in Ronald’s recent career history include:
• CEO / Wind-up Officer, previously Chief Restructuring Advisor of Central Iowa Healthcare, where the hospital was successfully sold to a major regional strategic buyer within 6 months of filing bankruptcy; no interruption of clinical services. As a result of favorable negotiations with buyer, a meaningful distribution mas made to creditors while most jobs were preserved.
• Chief Restructuring Officer of Forest Park Medical Center in Ft. Worth, TX. Managed Chapter 11 bankruptcy case culminating in successful negotiation and receipt of settlement payment from replacement operator and Plan of Liquidation under which a distribution was made to General Unsecured Creditors.
• Financial Advisor to the Landlord in Absolut Care, a skilled nursing group in New York working through Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. Oversaw the transition to a new operator and was appointed Plan Administrator for the bankrupt estate.
• Chief Restructuring Officer (“CRO”) for a 60-clinic pain management and lab diagnostic provider. Facilitated an efficient, orderly wind down of the business and repayment of creditors including full repayment of senior lender.
• Financial Advisor to the Official Committees of Unsecured Creditors of Randolph Hospital, Southern Regional Medical Center, Federation Employment Guidance Services (Medicaid provider), Daytop Village (substance abuse), Our Lady of Mercy Medical Center, Brotman Medical Center, Beth Israel Hospital Association of Passaic and Valley Hospital System (Chapter 9).
• Ron holds a B.S. in Business & Economics from Lehigh University, and an MBA from the Lubin Graduate School of Business at Pace University.