- Communications and financial professional skilled at designing and implementing strategic communications through operating periods of restructuring or other distressed circumstances.
- Expert in developing clear, consistent and transparent communications for both internal and external stakeholders.
With a background in restructuring and finance, Stuart Cubbon is a communications and special situations expert who is skilled in managing clear stakeholder communications during periods of crisis or transition. Having performed in CFO, interim Financial Director and Consultancy roles for Alvarez and Marsal, PwC and Select Dental Management, Stuart is uniquely positioned to help healthcare organizations develop and operationalize strategic communications plans for internal and external stakeholders (senior management, employees and creditors).
As a collaborative consultant and business partner, Stuart excels at educating and guiding senior decision makers through the specific communications challenges that emerge during periods of restructuring or other distressed circumstances. With a focus on clear and consistent information flows to maintain trust and transparency, Stuart works with organizations to define and deliver strategic messaging plans and provides the knowledge and tools to engage and empower employees.
In conjunction to working with Gibbins Advisors, Stuart is completing a MS in Strategic Communications at Columbia University and provides communications support (unpaid) to Red Cross of Greater New York.
• Served as CFO of Select Dental Management, collaborating with senior leaders to define and communicate company-wide mission and values for this $8M+ revenue multi-state, acquisition-focused, PE-backed Dental Support Organization (DSO). Included engaging internal and external stakeholders to introduce and clarify significant company activities including acquisition integration procedures, investor updates, new policies and processes, and incorporation of new employees and vendors.
• Over 8 years experience in consultancy roles; including Special Situations, Finance & Strategy Consultant for Alvarez & Marsal Healthcare Industry Group and as an Independent / Contract Consultant. Engagements have focused on educating and guiding senior decision makers through periods of bankruptcy or other distressed circumstances, including managing internal and external communications and identifying financial and operational improvements.
• 4+ years as Senior Associate at PwC Advisory, focusing on M&A Transaction Services, restructuring and financial due diligence for both healthy and distressed companies across a variety of industries.
• Providing unpaid communications support to Red Cross, Greater New York.