- Strategic consultant focused on healthcare transformation, strategy and delivery.
- Highly skilled at developing strategies and programs that deliver operational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Engaging and collaborative leader, able to facilitate and embed complex change initiatives through achieving consensus and building commitment to action.
David is a strategic consultant committed to improving healthcare organizations by supporting leaders to leverage their resources and pursue operational excellence. He brings over a decade of experience in healthcare consulting and is proven to deliver successful transformation projects through challenging situations.
David works with health systems to formulate strategies to transform outcomes and performance, facilitate agreement between partners, and plan for successful delivery. He has broad experience supporting both commissioners and providers to transform physical and mental health services.
While David’s success is underpinned by his strong foundation in financial and operational skills, his collaborative, warm and engaging style sets him apart as a highly effective Delivery Director. He is highly adept at enabling complex transformation initiatives by galvanizing leaders and teams around a common purpose, building commitment to action and embedding robust tools and processes.
Immediately prior to joining Gibbins Advisors, David designed and launched an improvement program across a large Australian public hospital network with 14,000 staff. In this engagement he coordinated necessary clinical transformations, built improvement capacity within the network and supported the evolution of a continuous improvement culture.
• Worked with the Sussex Health and Care Partnership to develop a 5-year Strategy Delivery Plan which would realize the intent of the NHS Long Term Plan. This included leading the financial, workforce and activity modelling underpinning the plan and the successful sign-off across 17 statutory organizations, including NHS Trusts and Commissioners and Local Government. David provided support across a broad range of underpinning work on deep dive clinical strategy, system estates and workforce strategies, delivery planning and program tracking.
• Supported a Health Board in Wales with Orthopedics demand and capacity modelling of a proposed dedicated Elective Orthopedic Unit (EOU), which included leading the successful competitive tender process; leading the build of a demand and capacity model and supporting the local team to adopt the model.
• Assisted Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals to develop a medium-term financial plan to support their bid to exit Financial Special Measures. This included supporting leadership to design the engagement and agree commercial arrangements; conducting a detailed retrospective analysis of the drivers of the deficit across income, activity and expenditure; developing a Trust-wide long-term strategic financial model to set out the likely financial trajectory before handing over the model to the Trust’s Finance team, and supporting in presenting the work to NHS Improvement.