- Career healthcare executive with 20+ years of operational experience across the health and wellness spectrum.
- Collaborative and data-driven leader with consistent success in transforming organizations and driving growth, innovation and change across all care industries.
Nikki is an accomplished C-level healthcare executive and strategist with the ability to balance financial responsibility and strategic decisions with a hands-on approach to leadership; resulting in strong employee, patient, and physician satisfaction.
Leveraging strong clinical collaboration, data-rich analytics and effective change management principles, she is an engaging communicator and relationship builder with expertise in organizational planning, large capital projects, team development, and managing complex work programs.Nikki possesses a wealth of experience in both ongoing healthcare operations and turnaround management and consulting, having previously served as COO and Vice President of Operations for hospitals in the St. David’s Healthcare system, a partnership organization with HCA.
Her restructuring and consulting experience was honed through her time as a Director at Alvarez & Marsal leading client engagements including Grady Health System, St. Vincent’s Catholic Health System, USC Keck School of Medicine, Metrohealth System, and Southwest Atlanta Hospital, and as an Associate at the Boston Consulting Group.
A sample of significant engagements and achievements in Nikki’s recent career history include:
• Provided leadership for a 175-bed medical center specializing in Trauma, Cardiovascular, Oncology, and Emergency Services. Shaped the strategic direction, managed budget, and oversaw a top performing team of 400 professionals. Outcomes included increased EBITDA 37%, $30M of high-impact capital projects managed from concept to construction, successfully expanded service lines and maintained high patient and employee satisfaction scores.
• Created and implemented a five-year strategic turnaround plan for a large public healthcare organization to ensure long term viability. Projects included establishing partnerships with medical schools to identify strategic, operational and service line improvements, and forming alliances with community health centers on a funding and operational strategy for future growth.
• Re-opened a community hospital after closure, including hiring and establishing contracts for all hospital services. Ensured CON retention for the hospital location.
• Addressed key strategic needs within a large health system, including advising senior leadership on a Pediatric Partnership strategy to establish statewide pediatric coverage and increasing patient throughput for radiology through process improvement initiatives.