- Career professional in corporate financial and accounting operations, with the last 5 years specializing in healthcare.
- Specialist in accounting and financial systems integration following a merger or acquisition.
- Proven success in leading corporate financial and accounting operations, post-merger, and wind-down operations.
Ginger Smith is an accomplished professional in corporate financial and accounting operations, with well-honed expertise obtained through serving in executive management positions including Corporate Controller and Vice President of Finance within the healthcare and biotechnology sectors for the past 15 years.
A Certified Public Accountant, Ginger is skilled at supporting organizations through periods of rapid growth as well as those of restructuring, post-merger integration, wind down and liquidation. With credentials in financial control, treasury functions, finance strategy, transaction management, taxation, and litigation support for healthcare organizations, she also has specialized experience in SEC reporting, initial public offering (IPO), due diligence and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Act compliance.
Ginger spent 10 years at BioMimetic Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: BMTI) and Wright Medical Group (NASDAQ: WMGI) in the biotechnology and medical device sector before expanding into the healthcare services and pharmaceutical space.
A sample of significant engagements and achievements in Gingers recent career history include:
• Compliance review for Gibbins Advisors’ engagement as Independent Monitor for Mission Health System’s six-hospital portfolio in North Carolina acquired by the for-profit HCA Healthcare for $1.5 billion; ensuring HCA adheres to certain contractual commitments around retaining hospitals, services, and charity care.
• Managed an out-of-court wind down and liquidation of a 40+ clinic pain management practice based in Tennessee.
• Managed the post-merger and wind-down operations of several companies, ensuring the proper transfer of accounting records and computer systems; assisting with preparation of final tax returns; completing the termination of the company’s 401(k) plan, incentive stock option plan, and employee stock purchase plan; assisting with closure of facilities and sale of property and equipment.
• Led the accounting team and provided transactional support for capital raises, resulting in $165 million of capital raised through multiple preferred stock issuances, an Initial Public Offering, and four secondary and private offerings.
• Drove the accounting processes of multiple companies, including oversight of all corporate financial reporting processes, SEC reporting, multi-state tax return preparation and due diligence transactions.
• Implemented Microsoft Dynamics GP accounting software systems at two companies, bringing the companies from cash to accrual reporting.