- Over 25 years experience within complex, high growth business environments, including 10 years in healthcare.
- Experienced CFO providing financial leadership during rapid business expansion including M&A, business integrations and capital raising.
Mark Beckett has over 25 years experience working in complex multi-dimensional business environments as a Business Advisor, Executive Director and CFO for major ASX and similar listed companies.
Over the past 10 years Mark has focused on the healthcare industry for businesses undergoing rapid change. Working in executive management roles, he has provided thought leadership for the execution of business restructuring and acquisition strategies with over 60 individual acquisition transactions totaling investment values of $1.5B+.
Prior to working with Gibbins Advisors, Mark held leadership roles at Sonic Clinical Services (Executive Director, CFO and Company Secretary), the largest provider of primary healthcare services in Australia. During his tenure, Mark provided decision support and commercial advice while leading the company through acquisitions, venture capital funding, equity restructuring, and new software integration.
Mark previously held positions as CFO of Salmat BPO (4+ years) as well as managing his own consulting practice (4+ years). Most recently Mark been advising on specific strategies to enhance commercial outcomes in the healthcare space including the development of procurement strategies, business transition, business acquisitions and appropriate responses to changes in government healthcare funding packages.
Throughout his career, Mark has experienced success as a Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director in the structured growth of businesses and creating shareholder value. While Mark brings expertise in financial accounting, he differentiates himself with a thorough understanding of the company’s business model and value drivers.
A sample of significant engagements and achievements in Mark’s recent career history include:
• Extensive experience in mergers & acquisitions, completing over 60 transactions throughout his career.
• Finance leader for business acquisitions and business integration projects; most recently the acquisition of the Allied Medical Group ($100m, 400 employees), Medibank Health Solutions, Precedence Healthcare, Hermes PrecisaAustralia ($318m, 1,000 employees) and HymixAustralia ($300m, 500 employees).
• Successful leadership of financial systems implementations projects in Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Navision, TM1. SAP, Oracle, BPCS and JD Edwards systems environments –with focus upon reducing business transactional costs, enhanced financial data integrity and improved business insights.
• Managed negotiation and provision of venture capital funding to 3rd parties for the purposes of business development, with $8m profit benefit obtained on sale of investments at 18 months.